Knowing that time was limited, I shared about 1/6th of what I really wanted to say. Just the highlights.
My standard response was, "It's about the people". The sessions were amazing, but it was the many folks from my Twitter PLN and others I met along the way who made the trip to D.C. all worthwhile.
As I was finishing my comments about the conference, our Senior IT Officer, and meeting team leader, asked me to present the "Big 6 ideas" from my experiences at our next meeting. "I'd be happy to, I responded". Now what?
Well, for the last 48 hours I've been thinking, "What were the big 6 ideas I took away from NECC 2009". Although it wasn't easy, I have narrowed down my choices and identified 6 people from whom I'll draw my ideas.
Here is my list. The links are the istevision recordings of the presentations. You'll need to sign up to view the sessions.
1. Alan November - Designing Rigorous and Globally Connected Classrooms
2. Erin Gruwell - Freedom Writers
3. Malcolm Gladwell - Digital Citizenship
4. Bernajean Porter - Grappling's Spectrum
5. Tom Carroll - Transforming Schools into the 21st Century
6. Will Richardson - Here Comes Learning
O.K. , now comes the difficult part. Synthesize the words and ideas from these speakers into a short presentation.