Source: Reach Every Student: Energizing Ontario Education (2008) p. 6.
A team member made me aware of the new Ontario Curriculum - Arts Revised Edition for grades 1 to 8.
For those of you, "out of province" this is the curriculum that will be followed by Ontario teachers in the fall of 2009 for all students from grades 1 to 8.
I was very encouraged to read the Considerations for Program Planning segment which begins on page 36 of the document.
You see, as an educational technology teacher, I'm always looking for ways to integrate technology within the Ontario Curriculum. The following segment headings, I believe, are written just for this purpose.
1. Literacy, Numeracy, and Inquiry in the Arts - Page 51
2. Critical Thinking and Critical Literacy in the Arts - Page 53
3. Multiple Literacies in the Arts - Page 54
4. The Role of the School Library in the Arts - Page 55
5. The Role of I.C.T. in the Arts - Page 56
I'll be looking for technology connections as I read the document. Here's a good quote from the Multiple Literacies segment on page 54.
"these include the...
- visual [still and animation, layout, design, hypermedia, 3-D]
- oral [timbre and tone of voice]
- gestural [body and kinesthetic movement]
- aural [music and sound effects]. "